Nexans offers HV sealing ends for the connection of synthetic insulated cables to GIS or transformers.
Thanks to technical advantages, the demand for dry versions is increasing rapidly.
For the dry version the short length epoxy bushing insulator is in accordance with IEC 62271-209 7.2 type A, meaning with reduced dimensions. With a special adaptor, the requirements of IEC 62271-209 7.1 can be met.
The stress relief cone made of elastomeric material is prefabricated and factory tested.
The plug (male part) of the sealing end is connected to the head of the termination by a multi-contact connection system. Once the stress cone is pushed on the cable and introduced into the epoxy bushing, the force applied by a spring loaded device on the stress relief cone and its elastomeric properties, guarantee a void free and homogenous interface between the two components.
The cable metallic sheath and the cable gland are electrically separated from the GIS or transformer compartment.
The advantages of dry type GIS – or Transformer sealing ends are
- Very compact design
- No internal filing with oil or gas needed
- Maintenance and supervision free
- Plug-in/plug-out design
- Environmental friendly
- High reliability thanks to prefabricated and factory tested active parts
- Easy handling and installation. The epoxy bushing may be installed prior to testing of the GIS and hence the cable may be installed without opening the GIS compartment.
Nexans offers in addition all the necessary complementary accessories:
- for the electrical testing of the GIS with installed bushings
- for the temporary operation of the GIS without connected HV Cables
- for the proper installation of the sealing ends and for electrical measurements